Party Planning: Kitty Cat Edition

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

When planning Vivi's first birthday party last year, I didn't go with a theme. She was turning one, so she was essentially still kind of a bump on a log, and I figured "birthday" was a good enough theme. But now, as it is dawning upon her second birthday, girlfriend has a personality. She has personality in spades. And that personality is a cat. 
As in, she actually thinks she is of the feline persuasion. 
She has a crib full of kitties, plus she loves kitty clothes, kitty movies, kitty books, and she meows at everyone she sees. 
She also thinks squirrels are cats, but I don't have the heart to break that to her yet.
SO, the choice to throw her a kitty bash for her second birthday was an easy one.
Ever since I told her we are having her a kitty party, she and Bobby keep asking about it. Now they keep fighting over whose party it is. Vivi will exclaim, "Kitty party!"
Then Bobby will counter with,"It's MY kitty party!" 
Now, to be fair, his birthday parties are always piss-poor because he was born in January..but that's not really my fault, is it? I thought people born in the December/January timeframe just have to make peace with crappy birthdays. I felt kind of bad about it, though, so I decided to let him pick out the party favors for Viv's party, and of course he picked bubbles and play-doh and candy. He wanted to add light-sabers into the mix, but I had to draw the line somewhere.
So far, I am planning on serving milk and cookies, kitty-shaped sandwiches, and a lot of booze for the adults. I know that I am going to make a kitty cake, but I'm not exactly positive how I'm going to pull that off. Stay tuned for that. 
I found these sweet little invites on Etsy and had them personalized. They fit perfectly with the look I was wanting.
Finally, it's a lot easier to shop for a cat-obsessed two year old than it is for a one year old. I have been looking at some of these great kitty presents for her, and I think she would love any of them. She's also really into baby dolls. Kitties and babies. Baby kitties. All of it. 
nursing cat // cat puzzle // baby marie cat // cat swimsuit // cat purse // doll // cat shoes // cat raincoat
So that's where we are right now. It won't be a ridiculous or outrageous Pinterest-worthy party, but it will be a fun time with friends celebrating our sweet little kitty turning TWO!

2 comments:

  1. Superb party!! Decorations were very elegant. I also did all on my daughter’s birthday last year at one of local party venues. Though there was so much stress during party planning but everything was perfect in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs