Master Bath Inspo

Thursday, April 7, 2016

After the kitchen, the master bathroom is the next place that we decided to focus our energies and budget on in our new house. I had a broad idea of things I didn't like, but I wasn't entirely sure of what I did want. So it took me a little while to peg what I was looking for. I knew I wanted it to feel like a cross between a farmhouse and a spa. A spa at a farm? Is that a thing? So I started looking for inspiration to guide me during the selection process. 
 
When it was time to make decisions, we ended up continuing with the white, Shaker-style cabinets and hardware that we chose for the kitchen. I really like the clean, open feeling of white cabinets and white tile. Along with the cabinets, we chose a white quartz counter that will be pretty and low-maintenance. Most of the bathrooms I was drawn to featured either white or marble subway tile, so I knew I wanted something in that family. I couldn't find a marble tile I liked at the design center, and I wasn't sure that I was completely sold on solid white subway tile, so I decided to go with white glass subway tile instead. It's really similar to regular subway tile, but it's glass, so it has a slightly different appearance and overall vibe than the plain. In some lighting, it can give off just a hint of a pearlescent blue tone, so I think it might add some interest and dress the space up just a little bit. After much debate, we decided to continue with the rustic, wood tile that we will have throughout the entire downstairs. As much as I do love tiny, marble hexagon mosaic tiles on a bathroom floor, I kind of like the look of the wood in the bathroom. It adds back in a little bit of the farmhouse vibe that I was aiming for. We were originally going to have it laid in a hexagonal pattern just for fun, but they wanted a triple "laying fee" to do that, so we politely told them to kiss it. 
Now that we have the basics nailed down, I get to decide on the fun stuff, like bathroom mirrors, lighting, rugs, and art. I know I want beveled mirrors for each sink, and I am strongly considering a vintage/retro lighting style, but I haven't made up my mind yet. There are so many options!
And there's a chance I may add in some x-rated art, because that's how I roll.
skinny dippers
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs