I Love Lucite

Monday, January 12, 2015


{tray}
Reading the title, you may be sighing and thinking, "Lucite? As in stripper heels? She's officially lost it." Well, no, not exactly...although the word Lucite does conjure images of the clear, plastic high heels that every girl just HAD to wear to Prom 2003. 

These were the shit.

Some may think "stripper heels," and some may cringe at the thought of their grandparents' garish 1960's furniture, but I'm not talking about your Grandmama's Lucite. I currently have a minor major crush on a more respectable version of the clear acrylic that we all know and love. 
It started when I found an inexpensive clear tray to put on my dining table, and now my Lucite obsession is full blown. I don't know what it is about Lucite that is so transparently cool-- It could be that it's incredibly versatile; it can mix and match with any outfit or decor. It can be subtle, or it can make a statement. It is simultaneously retro while still remaining fresh and modern.You can work it into nearly anything, as long as you don't overdo it.

I loathe winter and have decided to go ahead and skip to the upcoming season, where Lucite will play a starring role. It's so fun and whimsical, and it makes me nearly foam at the mouth in anticipation for Spring. Here are a few Lucite loves:

wine rack // bracelet // sunglasses // aneomones in vase // tray // tape dispenser // lucite letter // lucite desk tacklebox // pet bowls // stapler // bib necklace // kleenex box // lucite trunk // ghost barstools // chair


 statement necklace // Lucite clutch // wood + Lucite desk // leather + Lucite heels
 Kids ghost chairs // necklace // hairhide + Lucite bench // wood + lucite tic tac toe

And these Anthropologie Lucite earrings are to die for. They're going on a wish list for sure.
 Lucite drop earrings

I've decided that if our next house has a separate, more casual dining area (like a breakfast nook), then I want to do a clean, white table with Lucite ghost chairs in that space. I am picturing it in my mind's eye, and it's lovely. But it's going to take a lot of convincing to get my husband on board with clear chairs. I'm making it my new personal mission to get him to cross over to the awesome side. 

Stay tuned for that.

I am flying solo again this whole week. Alex left Friday morning, but the kids and I have been keeping pretty busy with friends, chores, and some laziness added in for good measure. We have lots of errands to run this week, and I am also looking forward to starting quite a few small projects around the house. Also, I will be getting ready for Bobby's second birthday next Monday. I can't believe he's about to be two years old! 

I hope you have a wonderful week!
Keep on keepin' on!
-Annette

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Flash backs and forwards! Totally kid proof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Laura! Yeah, it's better than crystal, I guess..

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs