Saturday Morning Lovies

Saturday, August 29, 2015

One week until college football, guys!

This week has been great in some aspects (the low humidity) and kind of crappy in others (having a cold + kidney stone pains), BUT I'm really hanging onto the fact that this is the last Saturday without football on the television for the rest of the year!! I've been treating my sickiness with lots of chill time..or as much chill time as a gal can get while refereeing two emotionally unstable toddlers who act like they are high on catnip.
 Anyhow, back to chill time. I've been filling bow orders from the Etsy shop, catching up on the third season of Orange is the New Black, and stalking lots of fun finds for kiddos, mamas, and the casa. 

Here are a few things making me really happy this week:

* First of all: I had to run errands at Target and Hobby Lobby yesterday--two of my biggest pocketbook pitfalls. Do you know what? I came out of both stores spending $10. $10 combined. Can you believe that? And only $3.75 of that was spent at Target. That has never happened in the history of the world. That's the most impressive thing I've done in years. I mean, you can have a PhD or endure natural childbirth, and you're still not as impressive as I was on my shopping trip yesterday. ;) 

* Toms has some great new wedge booties out. They're perfect for mom-life because they are not ridiculously tall wedges, but they're still good looking and casual all at the same time. I particularly like these and then this other pair that comes in both taupe and chestnut

* Along those same lines, I really love these suede fringe wedge booties by Aerosoles. I know what you're thinking--Aerosoles is a geriatric shoe brand, right? Well, yeah, to some extent. But I purchased these cork wedges earlier this Summer and have been obsessed with them ever since. They were comfortable enough for me to trek all over the hilly countryside of Italy without cringing. All their shoes have a soft padded sole, making them SO comfortable. And the fringe definitely makes these booties look edgier than most of their other shoes. 

* Halloween goodies are beginning to pop up in stores, and I couldn't be more excited! I always buy the kids pajamas for every holiday because there's just nothing cuter. Baby Gap has once again hit it out of the park with their pj's. Vivi has to have this dancing cat nightgown, and the pajama set is equally adorable. Dancing cats? You can't pass that up. I'm also a fan of this boo kitty set and this kitty striped footed onesie. We are going to have black cats out the wazoo! If you really want to embrace cat life, you'd have this kitty sheet set, too. Because there's nothing like matching your bedding.

*And for the boys, these monster jammies are darling, but I am really loving this Darth Vader Halloween set from Hanna Andersson. They're stupidly expensive for a pair of pajamas, and I would only buy them on a major sale, but man, I'm a sucker for Star Wars. 

* I am dying to try this recipe for Apple Carrot Zucchini Muffins. I will probably bake it in a bread pan instead of cupcake form, but either form is sure to be delicious. I'm always looking for ways to justify my carb-loading as semi-healthy.
* This is sort of random, but I like the concept and look of this makeup brush holder. I was shamed this week at Sephora when the saleslady scolded me for keeping all of my makeup brushes in the bottom of my makeup bag and only cleaning them like twice a year. Apparently you're supposed to do it every week. Ain't nobody got time for that. But it would probably be significantly less disgusting if I cleaned them really well and then stored them in an actual makeup brush holder instead of the bottom of a bag. 

* And finally, my very favorite thing has been the weather the last few days. You know you live in Florida when you get genuinely excited about a day that is 88 degrees. But it's not just the slight temperature drop that's had me doing a happy dance; it's the decrease in humidity. I've been able to walk out my front door and not feel like I'm entering a steam room. The kiddos and I have been loving playing outside in the nice weather...some of us more than others.

I wasn't even mad.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs