Spring Times and Spring Tunes

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

This Spring has been a little rough so far, as it appears that my beasties have inherited a monstrous case of allergies. Viv wakes herself up coughing every morning and keeps a perpetually runny nose, while Bob is nearly asthmatic all day long from the pollen. Because of this, (as well as my own allergies that randomly developed last year completely out of nowhere), we have kept ourselves inside for much of March. I hate being cooped up in the house when the weather is nice, but I hate to see my poor kids hack and cough even more, despite preventative allergy medications and rescue inhalers. After a four-day-long monsoon that we thought may never end, the skies finally parted yesterday, and we spent most of the afternoon outside. I felt like it was time to get out there and play, and I figured that the rain may have temporarily washed some of the pollen away. 
So out we went, and those kids had the best time just doing nothing in the front yard. Some of us were sans pants, which is pretty typical, because it's my front yard, and there's no law saying you have to wear pants at home. Is there?
We blew bubbles and ran in circles chasing them. Vivi played in the beautiful blooming Bridal Wreath bushes, while Bobby played imaginary light sabers with sticks. This is the stuff childhood is made of. 
And this is the stuff Spring is made of. So I decided it was time to bring out the ol' Spring Playlist. As a true member of the Millennial generation, I love a good playlist. I have a playlist for every occasion you can think of. 
Shower time? There's a playlist for that.
Cooking dinner? There's a playlist for that. 
Need to go potty? There's a playlist for that. 
Trying to not murder your children? I've even got a playlist for that. 
Music is one of those things that can take you back, almost the way a certain smell does. I have four large general playlists, one for each season, and the Spring is one of my favorites. Some of the songs are old ones from childhood that remind me of riding in the car with my mama in 1992, while other songs remind me of Spring Break in Panama City during in high school; some songs remind me of walking to class on a perfect Spring day in Athens, and others make me think of the cherry blossoms in Japan. And then there are some newer jams that just make me happy. The common theme that runs through all my favorite Spring tunes is a feeling of sunshine and lightness. With that, I thought I'd share a handful of our favorites that are in heavy rotation right now. 
They're perfect for Spring afternoons blowing bubbles in your underpants. 

What are your favorite Spring tunes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs