Mama's Spring Obsessions

Thursday, March 31, 2016

I don't go on a large shopping spree for new clothes each season; it's almost like my "job" doesn't require me to change out of yoga pants. But I do casually and quietly pick up one or two new goodies in the Spring and in the Fall and then hide them away from everyone in my house. Unfortunately for us all, there are SO many cute new pieces out this Spring, and many of them are staple pieces. I don't know about you, but I never feel too bad about investing in staple pieces, because the cost-benefit analysis wins in the end. Here are a few items I am drooling over right now.
dress // hat // earrings // cuff // bag // wedges
I have to get that little chambray dress; the off-shoulder style is on point, and chambray will never go out of style. I could wear this dress to the grocery store or on a date. Ha, dates. I get a new Panama hat every year because mine is always destroyed by the end of the previous Summer, so that's a must-have on my shopping list. And can we please talk about these stunning amethyst Kendra Scott earrings? Praise the Lord, they are out of this world. I would force amethyst to become a neutral if I could get my hands on those beauties. The snakeskin bag is a classic piece that is essentially seasonless, and those wedges...those wedges will be mine one way or the other one day. 
Here's a round up of a few other things I'm obsessed with for the Spring. 
1 // 2
3 // 4

5 // 6
        
7 // 8
9 // 10
11 // 12
13 // 14
I have always collected square silk scarves because I love wearing them as bandanas or turbans in my hair. It's the perfect way to hide dark roots when you are in dire need of a visit to the hair salon. The earrings are all so fun and colorful; numbers 3 and 4 are by Stella&Dot, and they are multipurpose, meaning they can be configured and worn in many different ways. Every girl needs a natural linen blazer, and this one from H&M is adorable and really reasonably priced. And the off-shoulder lace shirt is a must-have piece for Spring. Those shorts from the J.Crew outlet are some of my favorites. I got a navy pair last Summer and wore them every other day; they have an elastic waist and just pull on, so they're so comfortable. I love the emerald color and the fun polka-dots! And then I also love a good neutral shoe, whether it's a flat or a wedge. I just wish I could have it all! But for now, I'll put in all in my online shopping cart and then walk away. ;)

One more day till the weekend! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs