Dressing the Boy

Thursday, October 22, 2015

I think boys get a bad rap sometimes. 
Every time I said I was pregnant with a boy, women would say, "Ohhhh, that's great!...They're just not fun to dress like little girls are." And don't act like you've never said that or thought that. 
It's a common misconception that boys are dirty and boring to dress. 
(Well, only one of those things isn't true. They are awfully dirty.) 
As soon as the first person said that to me, I decided that wasn't going to be the case for us. While no, they don't have as many options and layers as girls get, I was still going to have fun dressing my little boy.
Boys may not get to accessorize as much as their sisters, but that doesn't mean that they have to be boring! In the Summer, Bob usually wears a uniform consisting of frat boy shorts and man-tanks. Seriously, there's nothing funnier than a guy in a tank top, and I like my children to be a main source of my amusement. In the Fall, we go for a look that combines hipster/country boy/old man all into one. We love skinnies and cords for pants, soft baseball tees, cardigans, flannel, camo, Toms, sherpa, and old school light-up Pumas. Here are a few pieces I have rounded up that I'm currently loving for Bobcat.


My favorite part of dressing Bob is getting to pick bad-ass shirts out for him. I think that's the real fun in having a boy. There are so many cute ones out there to choose from, with Etsy being the source of many. I always layer clothes for my kids and myself, even in the winter. We start with short sleeve t-shirts, then add a cardigan, and then a jacket, if necessary. There's just about anything on Etsy to fit your little dude's personality, but here are some that fit my wild little man to a tee. 


wolf // rock // dog // wild

And I definitely can't leave out baby boys. Is there anything sweeter? I have several friends who are either currently pregnant with little dudes or have just delivered. It gives me the slightest bit of baby fever, but then I remember that they turn into toddlers. So, no thanks, I'm good.


Never mind that all of this will get covered in dirt or puke. Or both
Happy Thursday! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs