Friday Favorites

Friday, October 23, 2015

I can't believe we are 3/4 through October already. It's my favorite month, and it always goes by so fast. Alex was gone all this week, so I have been committed to keeping the kids really busy and out of the house as much as possible. We have spent a ton of time outside lately. Of course the weather had to warm back up in the low 80s for most of the week, but that's still better than the summer sauna that we normally have outside, so I'll take it. Bobby is now at the age where being in the stroller is a bore for him--which I'm fine with, because separating fighting siblings is a form of torture for me--and he likes to run around the loop in our neighborhood pushing his dump truck while we run after behind him. It's a fun time to check out everyone's Halloween decorations, some of which include dead babies. 
Still trying to figure out how to explain this.
I do enjoy being outside when the weather is nice, but it's a lot of work keeping up with toddlers. Especially when one of them eats dirt on the regular. 
Won't eat carrots but will eat the shit out of potting soil.
I decided to break up the monotony the other day and take the kids to play and eat lunch at Chick-fil-a. At 10am. I went up to the counter to order, and the lady said, "Well we don't serve lunch until 10:30," but she must have seen the look of wild desperation in my eyes, because she went ahead and sneaked us some kids nuggets meals early. She must have toddlers, too. So we ate lunch at 10am and they played in the play area for about two hours until I had to remove Vivi for trying to lick the floor. Good times.
Yesterday my parents dropped by to entertain us for a couple of hours before Alex returned home, and it was so nice to have some company. Especially when that company puts up dishes, folds laundry, and entertains my kids. Grandparents are the best!
I've learned to just stop asking questions.
Alex returned last night, and we were so glad to see him. We've got pumpkin patch plans for the weekend, and I'm actually glad that UGA doesn't have a game tomorrow because that means that I don't have to have an anxiety attack. 

I hope everyone has a great Fall weekend, and I'll leave you with a few faves:

* These Star Wars Christmas pajamas. Is it too early to shop for Christmas jammies? That was a rhetorical question, and the answer is no. 

* Is this not THE most fab hat you've ever seen?

* This list of 52 Thoughts While Watching Hocus Pocus as an adult made me laugh. Especially what the hell kind of name is Thackery?

* These flannel sheets. It'll be time to switch to flannel sheets soon (I hope), and aren't these llamas just the cutest for a little girl's room? 

* I know it's not even Halloween yet, but Christmas goodies are creeping up into stores, and I can't take it. Vivi already has this sweater and this dress waiting in her closet. Can't wait for her to wear the dress in our Christmas pics!


* I'm forever a fan of the beautiful malachite in jewelry, and this necklace has me swooning. This one may go on the Christmas list!

* And baby girl duck boots. I can't take it. 

1 comment:

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs