Fall Bucket List

Monday, September 21, 2015

I'm baaaack! 
I've been MIA for a little while, and I think that it has been due to grieving over the loss of our family pug. She went missing over a week ago, and then she went to be with Jesus soon after that. It's always so tough to lose a pet, especially one who has been with you for years. I've also been doing a little bit of self-reflection and have decided to change a few things in my life so that I feel better. The biggest change I've recently made has been cutting out sugar. 
Directly after making a batch of pumpkin spice white chocolate scones.
I'm a ridiculous sugar addict; I need it all day long, and it's all I think about. I also feel like crap all the time. It finally occurred to me that the amount of sugar that I consume could be adding to/creating some of my health issues, so I decided on Friday afternoon to cut it out of my diet completely for a little while to see if I notice a significant difference in the way that I feel. So far I have made it three days without anything sugary or carb-laden, and I can already tell a difference in my skin and bloating. But it may still take a few days before I can quiet the hunger monster. 

But on to more exciting topics..
Today is the official First Day of Autumn! Fall is my favorite season by far, so I have been patiently waiting for this day to finally arrive. I have been scheming of some ideas of things to do with the beasties once the weather cools down just a smidge. I always like to have some tricks up my sleeve for when we begin to get a little stir crazy. I am a happier person when we get out of the house some and/or plan activities to get excited about. Bobby is now in a phase where he remembers things you promise him, so it's fun to talk about our plans with him. We only accomplished about half of the items on our Summer Bucket List, but I give us an A for effort. 
A few things on our list include:
1) Visiting a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins.
2) Roasting marshmallows around a bonfire and making s'mores.
3) Cheer on the Dawgs at a UGA game.
4) Rake a bunch of leaves Have Alex rake a bunch of leaves and then jump in the leaf pile.
5) Watch Hocus Pocus on repeat.
6) Find a low sugar recipe for pumpkin bread.
7) Host a pumpkin-carving shindig.
8) Go on a hay ride.
9) Create some leaf print art.
10) Take a trip to the Peanut Festival. 
11) Make a Thankful Tree.
12) Spend Thanksgiving with family that we don't see often enough.
13) Go to a Fall Festival.
14) Soak up every single second of Fall with our family.
Happy Monday and Happy Autumn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs