Friday Favorites

Friday, September 11, 2015

Hello and Happy Friday! 
My first is "fromage."
This has felt like a pretty short week with the holidays and Alex being home a couple of days. I always relish extra adult company! We have been housebound for about a week since we started potty training Bobby. It's been going pretty well with a few disastrous accidents along the way (more on that later), but it's not nearly as terrible as I had anticipated. I am not good with being stuck in my house for days and days upon end, as I tend to get cabin fever after a while. So I'm really looking forward to being able to go out in public and do things with him soon. Until then, we've been playing a lot around the house and in the yard. And I've been trying my hardest not to murder anyone. 
I've noticed that Bobby and Vivi are finally beginning to enjoy each other's company and are playing together a lot more lately. Before it seemed like Vivi just terrorized everything Bobby did and that he got really annoyed with his little sister ruining everything. But now they really engage with each other and chase each other and laugh a lot. 
Okay, well, mostly..
In other news, I am so glad that the weather has chilled out a little here. It's at a wild 81 degrees here in Florida, which seems almost like sweater weather to a Southern girl. 

A few favorite things on this Friday include:
* This amazing apron. I am obsessed with this apron from Pearls 'n Cotton--an Etsy shop featuring lovely handmade aprons, quilts, bibs, and un-paper towels, among other things. It's the prettiest, sassiest apron that I own (and I own a lot), and it makes me feel like a real-life Betty Draper when I wear it. Plus, it's really well made. And it makes me want to cook more. So it's a win for everybody. 

* I think this sweater is the perfect mix of casual and classy; you could do so much with it. AND this little sweater almost matches exactly. Wouldn't it be the sweetest mama + mini matching set? 

* I have got to get my hands on this mason jar measuring cup. It's the only one I've ever seen that holds up to 4 cups. Most large measuring cups only go up to 2 cups, so this is double the standard size. I would use this every day.

* I'm really into natural looking jewelry lately, like this quartz cuff bracelet! And these jade dagger stud earrings. I just like the casual-cool vibe they bring and think they're very "fall."

* I like to make special breakfasts on game day mornings every Saturday for our family. I made these strawberry-Nutella french toast roll ups last weekend, and they were--hands down--the BEST breakfast I've ever had. The only difference was that I used the 40 calorie wheat bread instead of white, and you couldn't taste the difference at all. They taste like a combination between french toast and a Nutella crepe. SO good. It's a must-try!

* And finally, I am getting so excited for Fall TV! There are a ton of promising new shows coming up, as well as the return of a few favorites. I'm most excited about the new American Horror Story. Looks pretty freaky! 

Hope you have an awesome, football-filled weekend of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs