Friday Favorites..on a Monday

Monday, August 10, 2015

Last week was a busy one for us. We ran here and there and everywhere, and then we joined my parents at the beach for the weekend. It's so much easier to handle two tots when you have a few extra sets of hands. Although I think that 3 adults is still not totally a fair match for my two beasties. 
Now we are back home, and I am having to wrangle my kids with only my two hands. And Lord, has it been one of those mornings. Bobby woke up at 6:15, shredded 2 PopTarts, woke up his sister, and then we got in a brawl over a popsicle for breakfast. Then Vivi deleted all of my tax info on my computer while I was cleaning up the PopTart disaster. Then Bobby went behind my back and got a popsicle out of the freezer while I was trying to retrieve my tax info, and the popsicle melted all over the kitchen floor...which, of course, Vivi slipped and fell in. And then she emptied out the vacuum cleaner all over herself, which resulted in a large bath. Y'all, it's not even 10 am. 
The sad thing is that this hasn't even been the craziest morning lately. The other morning resulted in shattered glass and fingernail polish remover. That's all I have to say about that. 
Bottom line is this--if you think you are effing ever going to get anything done with a toddler, just give it up. Give it up now. 
ANYHOW. I intended on posting this Friday, but I was so busy relaxing making sure my kids didn't fall off the balcony that I forgot. I wanted to go ahead and share this, though, because there are a lot of fun new finds!
* I've been obsessed with black and white spots lately. I don't know if it's because of the whimsy or the color scheme, but I'm really into it lately. I have been noticing these spots on dining chairs, throw pillows, and curtains; so I've decided that I am definitely incorporating them into the decor in my next house. For now, I'll have to settle enjoying them on Vivi via these adorable spotted pajamas. Aren't they the cutest?!
* Speaking of spots, I'm in love with these calf hair spotted flats. They'd go with just everything. 
* I needed to read this post today. It really puts things in perspective and reminds me to be thankful for the messes that I have to deal with on a daily minute-by-minute basis. Like this morning. 
* I am a huge fan of raglan baseball/varsity t-shirts. They're so breezy and comfortable and effortlessly cool. Lucky Brand has some good ones out right now that will be amazing when the weather cools off just a little. 
* Loving these burlap chargers! Not only would they be perfect to set your table with for Fall/Thanksgiving, but I would totally use these year round. We Southern girls love our burlap!
* Minnetonka has made a little departure from all their moccasin-style boots with these suede fringe booties. They've got a Western vibe, and I am dreaming of wearing them around a bonfire with a flannel shirt and a Harvest Moon beer in my hand. 
* I'm mildly in love with flat-faced dogs and have had pugs all my life. But it's on my bucket list to own a French Bulldog one day. They're just the cutest. Until then, I'll have to satisfy my crush with these little Frenchie Mary Jane flats. I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to put them on Vivi's tiny feet!
* The Republican debate on Thursday night was the highlight of the week. That's the most entertaining thing I've seen on television in years. It's a good thing Megyn Kelly has toddlers of her own and knows how to handle a good temper tantrum. 

I'm trying to not let anything get me down today because one of my best friends is coming into town tomorrow to stay with me all week! I haven't seen her in almost three years, and I can't wait to catch up!
Happy Monday, friends!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs