Friday Favorites

Friday, August 21, 2015

I'm in an especially good mood this morning, and that would be because we all had a pretty productive and pleasant week. The babes enjoyed their first two days of nursery school. Vivi's teachers marveled at how relaxed and easy she is. And while that is true (especially when compared to other beasties who shall remain nameless), she has certainly upped her game in the wild child department recently. Vivi has also been keeping me on my toes with her climbing lately. I caught her using Thomas the Tank Engine as a step ladder to reach the piano, and man, can that girl play a tune.
After taking the abuse typically bestowed upon the younger sibling for way too long, she has finally learned to hit her brother back. As a mother, I'm torn between telling her, "That is not how ladies behave," and "Good for you, Sister-Girl!" For now I'm just kind of ignoring it and seeing how it plays out on its own. To be fair, he does kind of deserve it.
Other random events from this week include bubble blowing in diapers and swimming lessons in the back yard.
 Bobby's new obsession with the opening scenes from Top Gun. He begs to watch it over and over and wants us all to "Shhhhhh" while the "Danger Zone" song plays. That doesn't get old. 
Well, not to all of us.

Here are a few favorites on this lovely Friday:
  • This long sleeve linen-blend t-shirt. I got this shirt in short sleeve from Gap in the Spring, and I remember noting that it was a smidge more expensive than a usual t-shirt from there, but I went for it anyway. It turned out to be one of my favorite shirts in the entire world. It's blousy, thin, and effortlessly cool. Now I wish I'd have gotten 4 or 5 of them. But I just checked and found that they are now carrying the shirts in long sleeve, and I am so excited. I'll definitely be loading up with more than one to live in through Fall!
  • Love this little girl jumpsuit for September weather. The colors are perfection. And it's on sale. Win.
  • Are these not the sassiest rain boots ever? I'm dying over the little studded bow!
  • I'm obsessed with stud earrings, especially the Kate Spade ones in all colors. Now she has a tortoise shell set that would be a must-have for the upcoming Fall color palette. And while we are on the subject of Kate Spade earrings, these are also awesome. They've got an organic vibe to them and would be seasonless.
  • This little t-shirt describes Bobby's current food obsessions. 100% on point.
  • The new goodies in the etsy shop. I've been blown away by orders and am not sure how I'm going to keep up! So excited to work on so many fun projects in all my spare time (ha!)
  • One of my college besties is coming in town for the weekend, and I am so excited! 
HAPPY FRIDAY!
XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs