Spa Days

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Welp, I may have ended my long weekend on a low note--a cold and another computer crash--but I'm not letting that rain on my parade. Last weekend was awesome! 
My best friend from college flew down to come hang out with us for a few days. We did a lot of chilling around the house, baked cupcakes, talked nonsense, and enjoyed each others' company. It was like no time had passed, aside for the obvious addition of two little beasties. We took Kelly out to Harbor Docks for dinner and inducted her into the "dining with toddlers" life. Afterward we binge-watched the first season of American Horror Story, since she is one of my only friends who shares my love for macabre horror and Halloween. And then once we had our fill of bloody ghosts, we watched the kids play in the pool. I'm so proud of Alex for teaching our kids pool safety. Vivi can fully float on her own now (she does like it, despite the expression on her face), and Bobby can dive under and retrieve toys off the bottom of the pool. Not bad for two little tots!
Don't judge.
On Sunday, my darling husband sent us off to the spa, where we joined another one of our good girlfriends from college. I had a much-needed massage while the other girls got pedis. Afterward we stayed in the spa for nearly 8 hours--ordering salad and cheese plates, dipping in the dipping pools, sweating it out in the sauna, steaming it up in the steam room, and then lounging hard-core in the lounging room. 8 hours in a robe is the way days were meant to be spent. It was amazing to catch up with my girlfriends and reminisce on nostalgic memories while also discussing the present and future. 
After our spa day, we checked into a hotel room and got ready together while blasting Madonna--just like we used to in college. Then we headed down to the amazing 4-Diamond steak restaurant in the hotel for a decadent dinner of filet, crab, creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms, and disgustingly delicious gourmet macaroni and cheese. And, of course, cocktails.
After dinner, we headed back to our room, put on loungewear and talked nonsense for hours. Oh, and discovered Dubsmash, which led to about an hour of absolute hysterics. 
I awoke to an amazing sound--nothing. Nobody prying me from my delicious sleep. Do you remember how truly indulgent it is to wake up on your own, without kids or an alarm rousing you? If you are currently living a lifestyle where you enjoy this on a regular basis, then promise me something: SAVOR IT. 
Once I was awake, I stepped out onto the balcony and took in a beautiful beach morning and thought, "God is good."

I dropped off my friend at the airport and headed home to my babies and my sweet husband, and I was happy. For a minute. And then my computer crashed and I got sick. But nevermind that. 

I am focusing on the beauty that is this day today. The humidity is lower than I've felt it in months, and it was 70 degrees outside this morning. It's still comfortable outside even now, so I think I will drink my tea on the porch swing and finish up some Etsy orders. It's almost Fall, y'all!!
Happy Hump Day!   


2 comments:

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs