Friday Favorites

Friday, March 25, 2016

 We went to see the Easter Bunny this week. Or, as Vivi calls him, the Easter Kitty. It's all relative. The kids loved him; I'm beginning to question their affinity for oversized woodland creatures who lure them with candy. The session with him was not completely quick and painless, because we caught him on his break, so the bunny had to entertain them silently (because, as you know, the Easter Bunny cannot talk) for a while until the photographer returned. They tickled him (right at crotch level, sigh), played airplanes, and meowed at him, all while asking for the most important thing in a child's mind--candy. And Star Wars stuff. And kitties. 
 Once the photographer returned, we got the show on the road, and my crazy beasties turned on the charm for a split second. This resulted in the one picture I have of both of my children looking at the camera at the same time and smiling. #framer
And this was the scene after that. Vivi screaming for the Easter Kitty.
Ever since, Bobby has been asking to see the Easter Bunny multiple times a day, and I've been using him as a bribing tool pretty shamelessly. Alex just left to go overseas for a week, so the kids and I packed up the plantation and headed up for a weekend at my parents' house in Georgia. So far, we have been baking bunny cakes and eating lots of Easter candy. It's my favorite candy season in the whole world!

Some Friday favorites this week include these linen-blend boyfriend t-shirts from Old Navy. I ordered two of them, one in black/white and one in lilac, and now I am so obsessed that I am determined to get every single color. I never want to wear any other shirt ever again. It doesn't look particularly special on the model, but it's a great shirt once you get it on. They're the perfect fit, but also kind of loose and swingy, in that "let's-hide-my-muffin-top" kind of way. And I also love the way the arms fit; they're short sleeved, but the sleeves are a nice length so they they don't expose arm fat. They're great for tossing on over a pair of skinny jeans with a necklace and a diaper bag and running around after your children at the park. Or, in an alternate universe, brunching with mimosas with your girlfriends. After a couple of washes, they're SO soft. And they're on sale! 

This recipe for pineapple casserole. Pineapple casserole is a dish that has graced my family's Easter table since God was a boy. It sounds weird when you read the ingredients--pineapple, sugar, butter cheddar cheese, ritz crackers. What the? But I promise, it's SO good. Is it a side dish? Is it a dessert? Who knows..and who cares? Make this recipe for your Easter brunch and thank me later! 

I love this throw pillow from Target's Threshold line. I don't know if my personal style has a definition (or if I even have a "style," for that matter), but I do love simple black and white...and I also love pops of color. This throw pillow marries the two, and I may have to grab it and put it in the kids' playroom in our new house. I plan to do lots of bright pops of color in there.

I got Vivi this dress this week, and damn if it isn't the cutest little thing ever. The eyelet, color, and bell sleeves make it look more expensive than it is. I can't wait for her to wear it all Spring and Summer! While I was at it, I snagged her this little dress for wearing to school and playing. It's cute but still durable, and I'm a sucker for lace. Both are also on sale right now! :)

Speaking of Gap dresses for little girls, I wish Vivi were still in 0-24 month sizing, because this dress is the most adorable. If you have a baby girl still in baby sizes, please do me a favor and get this! It's chic and boho all at the same time!

I am slowly starting to make a list of things I want for our new house, much to the chagrin of my husband. These awesome doorknockers are at the top of my list. I love something about the charm of an old-fashioned door knocker, and I like how these are a bit whimsical. I'm pretty sure I would end up choosing the deer, but the bunny is cute, too.

Y'all, I want these shoes so bad. That is all. 

And holy crap, I would be remiss if I did not share this. I have finally found a product that truly covers up my dark circles. I am a gal who HAS to use concealer if I don't want to look like a Walking Dead extra. As in, I look like an entirely different person when I wear it...which is probably why when I do put on makeup, people stop me on the street and say, "Wow, what are you doing different?" Concealer, people. Well, that and showering. 
I've been using the same brand of concealer for ten years, and while it is fine, it wasn't doing what I needed it to do. I need super concealer. I need Donald Trump concealer (anybody else mesmerized by how white it is underneath his eyes? It's an enigma to me). So I went in Sephora and explained my situation, and they led me to this Tarte concealer. And y'all, it has changed my life. It's a good bit thicker than the concealer I've used in the past, and a little goes a long way, but after using it and blending it, I look like a different person. A person who sleeps more than 4 hours a night and who doesn't spend her days balls-deep in other peoples' poo. 

That's it for now. We are about to enjoy a wild weekend at the farm in GA with my parents. Happy Easter to you and yours! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs