Back to (Nursery) School : Backpacks

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wooohoooo, back to school time is on the horizon, and this mama couldn't be more excited to taste those two days-a-week of freedom! Okay, okay, when I say school, what I mean is nursery school. And boy, nursery school is where it's at! Bobby has been going to a Mother's Day Out program/nursery school for the last year, and it has been nothing short of awesome for everyone involved. Except maybe the teachers. ;)

It has been great having him in a structured environment around other children from 9:30am-2pm twice a week. It was rough for the first couple of weeks, but he finally got used to it, and now he loves playing with his friends. The social benefits are huge for him. And the mental health benefits are huge for me! I have really enjoyed having some one-on-one time with Viv, as well as some time to clean/shop/run errands/take a fat morning nap. 

This new school year will be starting next month, and Bob will move up to the 2-3 yr old classroom, while Vivi starts fresh in the toddler classroom. I am a little sad to give up my one-on-one mornings with Viv, but I know it's going to be so good for her to socialize with other little kiddos her own age. And it'll mean that I get two mornings a week completely to myself. SCORE.

Since the new school year is just around the corner, it's time to start shopping for toddler backpacks! Here is a round-up of a few of my faves.

Bobby currently has the Skip Hop dinosaur, and it's been a great little bag. All of these are adorable. I'm really into the whimsical unicorns for Vivi. Pottery Barn Kids has the cutest unicorn backpack (and it even has a real "mane"), but I may end up going with the Skip Hop unicorn backpack instead. The main reason I love the Skip Hop bags so much is because they have a thermos pouch pocket on the outside of the bag. Our school requires kids to have two cups, which means you usually run out of space to put the cups. So these bags have a perfect place to store a sippy cup for easy access! 

So many fun choices, and we haven't even discussed lunch pails and bento boxes yet! Stay tuned for that riveting post ;)

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs