Friday Favies

Friday, June 26, 2015

Happy Friday, friends! I am finally nearing the end of my solo-parenting endeavor, and it's an amazing feeling to see the light at the end of the tunnel. This has been one of those times where everything has just fallen apart with everybody as soon as Alex left. I guess it's Murphy's Law. Anyhow, we've had a pretty low-key week just trying to keep cool (both our attitudes and our body heat). I made these awesome watermelon smoothies that were so easy. We first had watermelon smoothies in Thailand, and Alex and I both wondered why they aren't more popular in the US. I used stevia instead of sugar, and they taste just as good. The kids were obsessed. And I have a sneaking suspicion that vodka would be an unbelievable mixer. You know, for medicinal purposes.
Some other faves on this rainy, Summer Friday morning:

These pineapple studs are THE CUTEST. I would wear them all Summer long! Speaking of awesome studs, I just snagged this iridescent pair that I am obsessed with. They're pretty large studs, but still come off as understated, while also remaining eye-catching...if all that is possible in a stud earring :) Best off, they go with just about anything!

I'm looking forward to making this avocado soup soon. I love avocados, and they're one of the few fruits/veggies I can eat without sending my bladder into a miserable flare. It looks like a perfect Summer soup!

ohmygosh, I'm dying over this adorable knot front dress! I'm almost 30 (thirty), so I am kind of personally past the point of belly baring and showing too much skin. I believe in being cute, but skin-flashing is just not sexy on toddler moms, sorry. There's a point where tube tops and things like that have just seen their day in the sun. And I'm there. But this dress is perfect. It has just a smidge of belly to show at the knotted front. So I think the sleeves and the modest shape/length of the dress keep it tasteful, so the little bit of skin showing comes across as fun and flirty instead of girlfriend-take-it-to-the-house. I especially love the teensy stripe on the top; it would be adorable with a good pair of wedges and a straw tote. This may be something I consider spending my secret birthday fund on (shhh). 

I am also really aching for a high-waisted bikini, since the retro-inspired look in swimwear is big this season (and I, for one, could not be happier). I love these striped bottoms. They're really classic in print and silhouette, so they would go with any color top you wanted to put them with. They'd be great with red or an emerald green top, fun with an aqua, or minimalistic with a black top. 

I just got Vivi this jeweled bow necklace, and she LOVES it. It's so sweet watching her toddle around wearing it (no worries--she only wears it with my supervision and for short spurts of time). I love what a girly girl she's turning into!

I'm into pineapples right now, and this printed shirt would be so cute on a little boy tot. It's loud, but that would be fitting for my loud boy-tot. 

These chocolate banana pops  may be a way for me to get Bobby to eat bananas again. I think I'm going to give it a shot! He never turns down chocolate.
 
And the thing we are most excited about: Daddy comes home tomorrow night! Woohoo!!

  Have a great weekend, friends! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs