Friday Faves

Friday, June 19, 2015

Hello, friends! It's a beautiful Friday outside down here in Florida. A perfect day to sunbathe topless on Ms. Swan while the toddlers nap. This whole week has been nice and sunny, and we have spent a lot of time at the gym and then taken full advantage of the near-by splash pads. 
After the splash pad, a group of friends and I thought it would be a good insane idea to go eat Japanese food. So it was 4 adults and 8 kids ages 5-and-under. Talk about a shit-show. There was yelling, screeching, bottle-throwing, potty breaks, etc. I think the climax of the event was when the waiter brought out my plate of sushi, and Vivi threw the whole thing on the floor, breaking the plate and sending all of the sushi flying all over the restaurant. Needless to say, we all left big tips. And I think we decided to stick with outdoor dining when all the kids are involved. 

Moving on, here are a few things I have my eyes on this Friday:
For little girls, this colorblock romper would be so adorable throughout the whole summer, but especially during 4th of July festivities. I just grabbed this little star romper for Vivi to wear during the 4th with a red bow, and I think it's one that will last for the rest of the summer, as well. 

I'm a little obsessed with quartz and jade for Summer, so this necklace and this bracelet are killing me. And also these tennis shoes (in the aqua green), if we're being honest.

Pearl is the June birthstone, and--as a Southern girl--I am pearled out. I have pearls for days. I don't, however, have a pearl ring, and this one may be calling my name a little.  

This cereal bowl. There's really no true need for this. But how fun and random would it be to eat your cereal in the morning out of a unicorn? You can't have a bad day when you start off like that.

I tried this chicken/quinoa/asparagus bake, and it was divine. Of course, I added in extra cheese, but I justified it because of "calcium" :)

And lastly, it does not fit into my IC diet even a little bit, but I am dying to make homemade gazpacho. This recipe for peach gazpacho looks too good to pass up!

I am looking forward to this weekend, as it is the last one before Alex returns! We are planning to have friends over at the pool, visit the Farmer's Market at Sea Side, and eat from food trucks! Can't wait. Hope y'all all have an awesome weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs