29 Things

Thursday, June 18, 2015

I turned 29 today, thus marking this the last year in my twenties before giving way to the big 3-0. It's bizarre in a where-did-the-time-go kind of way, but I'm surprisingly not anxious about getting older. I have decided to embrace it, and honestly, I think that people get better with age anyway. This was a really low-key birthday, and I spent most of it doing what I do best: lying on the couch with my beasties watching tv and eating all of the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms. I only bothered myself to feed my children and to answer the door when the delivery man arrived bearing a lovely bouquet of tulips from my sweet husband. I hate that he wasn't able to be here to celebrate with us, but my family was kind enough to drive down and take me out to a yummy fondue dinner. All-in-all, a good birthday.
I try to keep the blog focused more on the kiddos and motherhood, and I try to not overshare about myself an exceptional amount. But I have seen other bloggers do this, and I think it's so fun to learn random things about people. Sure, these things are always a little narcissistic, but if there's ever a time to be narcissistic, it's on your birthday ;)

29 Things on my 29th Birthday
  1.  Good grammar is the ultimate turn-on.
  2.  I have veneers. And I knocked all of my teeth out from falling off a toilet one night. Soberly.
  3. I have a tendency to knock out teeth right before (but not limited to) really important life events.
  4. I actually attended my baby shower missing my front tooth.
  5. I don't embarrass easily. (See above).
  6. If I had to go back and do things over, I would've probably gotten a degree in graphic design.
  7.  I have an irrational fear of automobile graveyards and Marilyn Manson.
  8.  I think I would've been a good nurse because I don't get easily disgusted and bodily functions don't freak me out at all. The only problem is that I could've never passed all the science classes necessary to be a nurse. So I will settle for being a mama and dealing with other people's bodily functions for free :)
  9.  I really hate saying foreign words in front of people because they always sounds foolish in a Southern accent. I chose Latin as my required foreign language in college simply because it's the only one you don't have to speak aloud.
  10.  I have the same reoccurring nightmares several times a month. One is that I've lost all my teeth. The other involves tornadoes.
  11. I had pretty severe pica when I was pregnant with Vivi and had an inexplicable craving for mothballs, wint-o-green life savers, and ice. I went through 16 pounds of Sonic ice a week for the last trimester of my pregnancy. And then since the second after birthing her, I haven't craved any of those things.
  12.  I HATE reality television.
  13.  When I took a writing class at OSU, the professor told me that I was a "cliched Southern Belle" right in the middle of the class. I turned in my final project to her titled "Cliched: Tales of a Southern Belle Prima-Donna." The professor died soon after. I'm sure it's not related.
  14.  Pink is my favorite color.
  15. During our freshman year of college, my friend and I split our money to buy a chinchilla that we named Johnny Cash. We sneaked him into our dorm, kept him in his cage under my dorm room bed, and nobody knew for an entire semester. I have no idea where that poor chinchilla is now.
  16. I purposefully had my children close together. Most people assume it was an accident surprise.
  17.  I only drink coffee a couple of times a year. I really need it a couple of times a day.
  18.   I'm a terrible driver. I have gotten more speeding tickets than I care to count, and I once had my license suspended for racing a school bus. I try to not do things like that anymore.
  19.  I almost got a tattoo of a peach when I was eighteen, and I'm so glad that fate got in the way of that.
  20.  My favorite movies are Gone With the Wind and Steel Magnolias. So maybe I am a cliched Southern Belle.
  21.  My hair grows so fast that I have to get it colored every four weeks. But I rarely have to shave my legs. Weird.
  22.  I love the unsavory black flavors of things- black licorice, cough syrup, and Jager.
  23.  I no longer feel the need for constant male approval, and that, in itself, is liberating.
  24.  I get all of my energy, inspiration, best ideas, and resolve for the next day RIGHT before going to sleep. I will make a list of all the things I'm going to accomplish in the morning. And then I wake up thinking "effffffff." Every morning.
  25.  Biggest pet peeve in the world is when people get crumbs in the butter or jelly jar.
  26.  Sometimes I think I would maybe like one more baby, but I probably won't because I'm afraid I would literally go insane.
  27.  I fantasize about living in a subdivision with all of my best friends from all walks of life as my next door neighbors.
  28. I've had Facebook since it came out in 2004. I remember thinking it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of.
  29. The older I get, the less I care about things that don't matter.
Now I'm curious if we have anything in common...

1 comment:

  1. Helpful tip: on your iPhone and Mac when you need to use accented characters, just hold the letter down to bring them up. Jäger.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs