Dos {2}

Monday, January 19, 2015

Today is a big day in our house: our little Bobcat is two years old. 


We woke up this morning and fried up some fresh, homemade doughnuts for the birthday boy. Since he's never been much for heavy carbs, he really only liked licking the glaze and sprinkles off. Sister, on the other hand, has never met a carb she doesn't like, so she polished them off for both of them :)

Later on this afternoon, we will open presents and eat cake. Bobby is a big Curious George enthusiast, so I made a CG cake this year. It's a sprinkle cake with strawberry white chocolate filling and buttercream frosting. I have been looking forward to this day for a week, because I cannot pass up cake.

  Today is also a day I have feared ever since I saw those two little pink lines pop up. The inauguration of the Terrible Twos. For years I have heard horror stories about these "Terrible Twos." And then once I came of the age where friends started having babies, now I hear that these "Terrible Twos" are just an intro into the "Terrible Threes." I mean really? Awesome. Then what the hell do we call the stage between 18-24 months? Because it hasn't exactly been a cake walk the entire time:



But back to the sweet stuff.
I can't believe that it has been two years since I met this darling little face that changed my world in the most amazing of ways. I thought I knew what love was, but he redefined it for us. He challenges me daily, but he teaches me more about myself than I ever knew there was. Through him, I have grown as a person and have learned to have more patience, to be a little more carefree, and to give love when it isn't always the most deserved (because that is usually when it is needed the most).



At two years old, Bobby is a real sweetheart, but he is also a total guy's guy. Here are his current stats:
Weight: 27 lb of pure man cub; wears 2t
Favorite activites:climbing on literally anything possible, fashioning climbing devices, grabbing oranges out of the fruit bowl and peeling them and leaving orange peels all over the house, playing with cars, going to "school," dancing to the Fresh Prince theme song, hiding, snuggling in bed with his cars, and swimming.
Favorite toys:anything with wheels, Tonka dump truck, cozy coupe, Hot Wheels, stuffed Pooh
Favorite food:chicken with ketchup, pizza, who the hell knows today
Favorite movies:Frozen, Pooh, Cinderella. Also loves to watch Curious George, Bob Ross, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Full House. Let's just say he has eclectic taste in television.
Favorite songs:Stairway to Heaven, ABCs
Favorite people: mama, daddy, Vivi, all of his grandparents, his best buds Case and Avery, his friends at school, and his teachers.

He is the funniest kid. I wonder what goes through his head sometimes. He's a total boy, and there's no way I could ever understand that; I just have to love him for it. He is funny, silly, and so full of life. He is loud and proud, crazy, dirty, goofy, active, and bursting with energy. I wish I had half of his energy. Most of my day is spent chasing him around and putting out one fire after another. He is always one step ahead of me, but he keeps me young and on my toes. 


This has been a big year for Bobby. Since his first birthday, he has seen his first snow, welcomed a baby sister, learned to swim, started school, eaten a lot of dirt, and learned about sharing the spotlight with another tiny person.  



Bobby, you've grown so much, and it's been a wonderful two years so far. I can't wait to see what great things are in your future! The world is your oyster, baby boy.
Happy birthday, my little Cat.
May you stay forever young.

love,
Mama

~~~
Keep on keepin' on
-Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs