Thanksgiving Day for the Stylish Bebe (& Mama)

Wednesday, November 12, 2014


cable knit one-piece (baby)//denim moccasins//plaid dress (baby)//pompom beanie//gold mary janes (baby)//stripe button down (tot)//sweater (tot)//cords (tot)//toms paseo (tot)//feather headband//peplum sweater (tot)//tulle skirt (tot)//studded boots (tot)

 

 I must clarify that this is not a fashion blog. I am not a fashion blogger. To be honest, I rarely change out of sweats (though sweats are a step up from pajamas, so that's something). But the holidays are when I really, really enjoy dressing up and splurging a little. I grew up going to a 30+ person Thanksgiving lunch at my grandmother's house, where the dress code was dressy casual--a party dress would be too dressy, but a stained T-shirt would not be dressy enough. So Bobby wouldn't be invited. 

I get a sense that this is how most people's Thanksgiving Day dress codes go. Now that I have two babies so close together, I really enjoy dressing them in complementary outfits. They don't coordinate for everyday or hanging around the house, but I do really get a kick out of seeing them dressed similarly for special occasions. Matchy-matchy isn't really my thing, unless it's for a really specific event (like Christmas pj's or Santa Claus pictures). In those cases, it's a riot. I'll admit, I mainly had kids so I could make them look foolish and laugh at them love them.

I originally intended to pull together a few different looks for tots, but then I had so much fun with it that I went crazy and did a mama board, too. They should coordinate with the bebe boards. Oh, and also, I do not in any way shill clothing for Baby Gap. I don't even particularly care for Gap clothing for women; they just happen to have a cute selection for bebes and tots right now :)


On an unrelated note, I am completely losing track of time. As in, I am losing whole weeks. I don't know where the hell they are going.
Maybe here.
I volunteered to bake a cake and a slew of mini pecan and pumpkin pies for a squadron bake sale, which I thought was going to be next weekend. Until Alex reminded me last night that the desserts are due THIS Friday. It's not a big deal; I couldn't have started baking until later in the week either way. But it frightens me that my mind is that off from my calendar. I completely deleted a week. Does anyone else ever do that? 

Part of it may be due to Veteran's Day yesterday. Alex had the day off, which made Tuesday feel like a Sunday. I love LOVE our family time together on the weekends, but days off during the week completely throw me off my game. Alex is home, so I feel like I should be enjoying a family day and lounging around with him and the kids. That is not, however, what I normally do on a typical weekday (you SAHMs can attest to this. There's never time to chill). I'm always torn, but I almost always give in to being completely lazy and useless with my family. Yesterday we hung out and then took family photos on our front porch. Bobcat decided to stonewall our photographer completely, and despite the bribery of lollipops, refused to look her way or smile. Hopefully we got one useable picture; otherwise, we will send our friends a Christmas card of outtakes. 
After the pictures, we enjoyed a nice little dinner at Outback with about 84,000 other service members there to collect their free bloomin' onion and non-alcoholic soft drink. The kids were remarkably well behaved, right up until our food came. They brought Bobby's food early, but naturally, our food arrived about 20 minutes after he was finished eating, leaving us to shovel our dinner in quickly and run out of there before they self-destructed. 
Perhaps the other thing throwing me off is that I just spotted my first Christmas commercial on TV yesterday. Target's new commercial is cute, but man, it doesn't seem like it's time for Christmas yet. It seems like I just had Vivi, and that she was just an itsy bitsy baby the other day. 
This is obviously not the case.
They got it right when they said "the days are long, but the months are short." I do not know where the time is going. I feel like I can barely get anything squeezed into the daylight anymore, and that I am constantly pushing something of to tomorrow...and then the day after that...and the day after that.

And in other news, Bob is now obsessed with eating out of the garbage. Note to self: we need a new baby lock.

You're probably thinking that a responsible parent would stop her child from eating trash instead of taking his picture, but we're past that.
 Keep on keepin' on!
-Annette

*side note-we have just updated our settings to allow anyone (not just Google account members) to comment down below, so please let us know if you have anything to say to us, or if you would like to give us feedback, requests, recommendations, etc. Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs