Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti: A Dinner Win

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Having toddlers means that 93% of your culinary efforts are in vain. As I have mentioned before, my beasties love to challenge my cooking, yet they will eat frozen sausage out of the freezer. Still frozen. They're disgusting as a breed, but that's beside the point. It's really frustrating as a busy mom--who has a hundred chores, errands to run, kiddos to love, diapers to change, orders to fill, etc.--to stop and take the time to make a home-cooked meal only for my tots to either flat-out refuse it or to throw it on the floor. It makes me want to just throw in the towel some days. Which is why I make a lot of homemade pizzas. At least I will go to bed knowing that they ate something.
But I got a wild hair the other day to try something new. Bobby used to love spaghetti up until the day he decided on a bipolar whim that he hated it. So I haven't made spaghetti in ages. But then I started thinking about how he's really on a chicken kick lately, so maybe, just maybe, I could sneak something past him. 

I decided to try making Buffalo chicken spaghetti. I know, it sounds...intriguing. But if you like buffalo chicken, then you'll dig the heck out of this one. It's the exact same concept as regular spaghetti, but I used ground chicken instead of beef and mild buffalo sauce instead of marinara. I also added in celery and carrots because I'm full of trickery. Then I put it over whole grain noodles and topped it with blue cheese and green onions, and I waited for a response.

He looked at it. 
"Chick chick?" He interrogated.
"Yes, Bobby! Chick chick!"

And then he dove face first into his plate, only coming up for air to get seconds. And then thirds. And then fourths. I drew the line at fifths because I didn't know how that much buffalo sauce might affect the GI tract of a tot. I was happy to find Vivi annihilating her plate, as well. Alex and I killed it and went back for seconds each. So I would call that dinner a win! I just thought I'd share because I know that some of you are also struggling with a-hole tot diners. It's worth a shot! And if it's not a success with your beasties, then there's more for you :)

One day 'til the weekend!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs