Ten Months

Friday, March 13, 2015

Hmm..
Well, judging from stats on my last post, I'm guessing that y'all were eager to see if I had finally lost my everloving mind was pregnant again. Talk about avoiding a shit show. Whew.

I'm good.
Anyhow, I sincerely appreciate all the kind words and support (and orders!) regarding the new Etsy shop. I'm really excited!

But she's becoming disgruntled with her model status.
Actually all kinds of excitement is going on over here lately. Miss Vivi Lou is 10 months now, and things are starting to get getting even crazier. My darling has finally started to assert herself quite a bit. She's still the most laid back person I know, but she is developing a strong personality of her own and is beginning to express her likes and dislikes. For instance, she likes climbing the stairs, but she dislikes falling down them. 

I won't tell you how I know this.
I am in the process of completely revamping our downstairs to accommodate the changes we have made to the baby gate set up. I have moved them to block off the stairs at the source instead of blocking all of the different entryways to where our staircase is. She kept sneaking through, and now that her access is completely blocked, she. is. pissed.

ANGER.
I've noticed the past couple of days that she has been unusually grumpy (which compared to a typical day with Bobby is still a cake walk), and I finally figured out that she is pissed at me for keeping her from climbing her precious stairs. It's okay; won't be the first time I ruin her life. 

Oh, you just wait.
I can't get over how quiet she is. Bobby has always been a bumbling, rowdy, loud, ball of energy, but Viv is sneakier and more stealth. I'll have tabs on her one second, and then she vanishes in the blink of an eye. And unfortunately, I'm often so wrapped up in thwarting Bobby's shenanigans that I don't notice she's missing for quite a while some times. Luckily, she doesn't do terrible things like play in the toilet or eat trash, but I don't want to speak too soon.  

She can already throw shade like a boss.
Her other activities include cruising on furniture, preying on our friend's cat, getting annihilated by playing with her big brother, eating, and just being fabulous. I have to hand it to her, Vivi is one tough little chick. She has had a couple of unfortunate accidents and gets bullied a little bit by her bro, but this baby girl doesn't fret for long. She's a trooper, although I can tell already that she is going to be a little tattletale and make Bobby's life miserable. Yes, he does get his kicks by picking on his little sister, but she will look to me to see if I am watching, and if I am, she will will pout--even when I know it's something that did NOT hurt her in the least. This big bro/little sis dynamic will be interesting to watch as it develops further. 

{mustache peep headband}
So far Vivi says a couple of things, although I'm not sure that she knows what they mean. Her favorite word is "dada" (of course), and she talks about him non-stop. The other day I swear she said "dada go," which amazed me and also made me kind of sad. He's been gone a lot the past couple of months, so we are really ready for him to get back Monday! I think she has also been trying to say "ball." Bob and I are trying to teach her where her nose is, but we really should be focusing on her mouth. Viv loves eating, and she destroys almost everything we put in front of her. Sometimes she literally eats more than I eat in one sitting. 

This was after she ate 2 angus beef hot dogs. I refused to give her a third.
She loves all fruit, particularly apples, pears, and peaches. She likes broccoli, cucumbers, and beans. She loves any kind of meat, freaks over a good pasta dish, digs Oreos, and her current favorite food is cheese. Wait, did I just describe myself?

This is pretty much what I look like when I eat dinner, minus the bow.
She only takes 3-4 bottles a day since she is eating tons of solid food (still has water throughout the day, of course), and I am looking forward to weaning her to cow's milk on her birthday. 

one // two // three // four // five // six // seven // eight

She has a few new favorite toys. It's exciting to watch her want to play with bigger kid toys, since she's getting bored with itty bitty baby toys. We frequently go over to our friend's house, where Vivi has tons of new toys to play with. That's a bonus of having friends with kids the same ages. Currently her favorite toy is still her activity table. That's a toy that keeps a baby's interest for several months. Occasionally Bobby will even go over and play with her on it. We are going to get her more girly toys for her upcoming birthday, but right now she plays with all of Bob's old masculine toys. Hey, there's nothing wrong with a girl knowing how to use power tools! Both Bobby and Vivi are mesmerized by this popping elephant ball toy, but I have NO idea why. It was a gift for Bobby's first birthday, and Alex and I tried to make sense of it; we concluded that there is really no point to this toy, yet we became seduced by the challenge of keeping all the balls in. I think we played with this toy for 30 minutes in a hypnotic state. Despite its lack-of-purpose, kids seem to love it. We took the kids to the park the other day, and Viv had the best time on the swings. 

And by "enjoy," I mean she was awfully concerned.
Vivi also enjoys standing with the stroller walker, and she tries to walk with it if I help her. I suspect she will be using it to walk on her own very soon. She loves riding on the Disney princess 4-in-1 ride-on toy. She can't push it herself yet, but she is SO proud when she sits on it, and it has some fun interactive features that a baby can enjoy without actually riding it. It's a good multipurpose, multi-age pick for a baby girl. 

Vivs is growing like a weed and shooting out of her 12 month clothes. It feels crazy to buy 18 month clothes before my sweet baby girl is even a year old! She can almost wear the same size diaper as her older brother, and her hair is starting to fill in. She even has her first little curl and is learning that humidity is not her friend. 

The hell you say.
I just bought her a ton of Spring clothes that are the cutest. Also, I am proud to announce that she has FINALLY almost outgrown her newborn and size 1 shoes. I was beginning to worry that her feet may be deformed, but alas, they are merely petite and are growing at their own little pace. We still love moccasins from Freshly Picked and Sweet-n-Swag. They stay on her feet so well and are only slightly bulkier than socks, which makes them really easy to crawl in, too. These are a few things I snagged her for Spring:



 
Vivien now has 6 teeth. Her top four teeth have come through and are making their way down. She's an adorable little snaggletooth gal, and she loves to smile and show them off.  

She's moving and shaking, she wallows in food, and she indulges in bad television. She's an tiny hedonist, and she's pretty fabulous.

You know how sometimes you just sit topless in your front yard and eat chocolate?
The other day I had this realization about how fast she is growing, and I broke down and mourned the fact that she won't be an itty bitty baby much longer. I don't want her to grow up and become an A-hole a toddler. I don't want her to have her feelings hurt or her heart broken or to see terrible things. I want her to stay this little and innocent forever. It sounds cliche, and I promise I do have plenty of friends my own age, but Vivi truly has become one of my best little friends. She gives me smiles, laughs, snuggles, and love when I need it the most. I just love this girl to pieces. She has my heart.

And my shoes.
There have been a lot of noticeable changes with my little Vivs this months; she is growing fast and definitely becoming her own person. But she's still charming, flirty, and heartmeltingly precious. Ten months is hectic and crazy, but it's going really well so far, and I can't wait to see what next month brings!



Keep on keepin' on!
-Annette



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs