Spring "Break"

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring Break.
The fact that toddlers need Spring Break is amusing to me.

Because they're so stressed out and need to blow off some steam.
Bobby loves "school," and so do I. So this Spring "Break" really comes at me sounding more like Spring Work-My-Ass-Off. His nursery school is only a 4-hour class twice a week, but I relish that time to myself time. 

It's the only explanation.
Apparently we must adhere to certain social standards, and since the Crosspoint Church probably would not take kindly to me leaving my toddler in their collection box, I must do something with him during these two days. 


Spring Break meant sometime entirely different to me ten years ago. It meant boys, booze, and fun. Now...well, it still means boys and booze, but on a different level. I'm still around crazy boys, nobody is every fully dressed, there is always some kind of drama to be cried over, people are always scavenging for food, and I still find myself wanting to drink by noon. So there are lots of similarities, but there's a lot more responsibility going on.

Now if you look for things to do with your toddler during Spring Break on Pinterest, you will find all sorts of inspirational ideas, featuring way too many tutorials on how to make your own rainbow colored rice or how to make s'mores in your car. Seriously? Nobody wants to see my toddler with a lighter. Do these people even have kids? I digress.

And I bet you $20 that these kids are paid models. Because no siblings ever look this pleased.
We decided to take Bob to the beach instead. And not to dye sand with organic food coloring or to create a sandcastle of magic, but to let him play in the waves and get sand in his scalp. Like a normal kid. 


And he LOVED it. This was his first time hitting the beach in a while, so he had the best time digging holes and chasing the waves. It was Vivi's first "real" trip to the beach. She was intrigued by the sand. 

Side note- This is literally exactly how I look in a bikini right now.
After a few poor life choices, she realized that it's for looks and not for consumption. 


And she didn't skip a beat high-tailing it to the water. 


 It was a great little family trip, and fun was had by all. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get all the sand out of Vivi's many fold and crevices. Bless her.

Happy Hump Day!
Keep on keepin' on!
-Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs