Shamrockin'

Wednesday, February 18, 2015



 


Daddy finally made it home, and not a moment too soon, as I was on my last leg Saturday. We were all so, so, SO happy to have him back. It was a perfect Valentine's Day present. 

Some of us don't know how to properly express our emotions.
I didn't realize how exhausted I was from single parenting. I was literally falling asleep on myself at the dinner table; that's how worn out I was after flying solo with a baby and a toddler for three weeks. I went to bed that night and slept for 14 hours straight. I woke up, ate, and then took a 3 hour nap. That's 17 hours of sleep in 24 hours, which may be a personal record. You'd think that would have me caught up, but I went to bed Sunday night and slept in 'til about 11am. And honestly, I'm still tired. It may take a week to get me back to normal. 
Anyhow, I'm still in the middle of revamping our living area downstairs, and I am currently removing all of the Valentine's Day decor. Now it's just about time to put up our St. Patrick's Day goodies. St. Pat's Day is another favorite holiday for us, mainly because it's a day where you get to drink a lot and nobody can judge you for it. 

And they can't judge you for the beer gut, either.
Alex and I were scheduled to host a squadron party in the early spring a couple of years ago, and after debating on themes for a while, we settled on doing a large St. Patrick's Day party. Because no matter what, you can't be lame and not dress up. Some people are no fun when it comes to theme parties, but everybody has at least one green thing to wear. 

Except for my husband, who moonlights as a lecherous leprechaun and has a closet full of green polyester leisure suits, but that's a separate issue.
You can't get out of dressing up for St. Pat's, so it turned out to be a really fun party, and everyone had a great time. 

I think
March 17th of this year may look a little different than it did in years past, but we will still make an effort to have a good time. Holidays really are a ton of fun when you have little ones. It's exciting to carry on old traditions and begin new ones exclusive to your own little family. And also, I really enjoy dressing the babes up in holiday finery. Here are a few good green items I'm eyeing for our family. 


There are just SO many awesome picks for the gals that it really warranted its own board :)


I am especially fond of that Dooney & Bourke crossbody bag, the bow heels, and that scalloped blouse. Oh, the lust that is in my heart right now. I finally broke down and am now the proud owner of that beautiful jadeite cake stand. It was a Valentine's gift to myself ;)


And to get in the spirit for St. Pat's, I will be giving away a couple of shamrock bows to one lucky reader! They will be adorable on your favorite little girl (or yourself! I don't judge..). 

You just have to comment telling us your favorite holiday. I'll pick a random winner Friday.

Keep on keepin' on!
-Annette

11 comments:

  1. Definitely Christmas! Looking forward to being back in the SE for the next one after four years in the southwest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Annette - I love keeping up with you and your family through your blog (although it makes me miss you tremendously). My favorite holiday is Christmas - so many traditions to enjoy! Audrey would look fabulous all decked out for her first St. Party's Day with a pretty shamrock headband (or bow if she arrives with enough hair - I have enough heartburn that she should come out looking like a gorilla!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Halloween and the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn auto correct - St. Patty's Day not party day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHRISTMAS!!!!! Unless it's after Christmas and before July . . . then it's 4th of July . . . and after that . . . Christmas again :) :) (Love that Vivi and my little one are within a month of each other--I get so many great ideas from your posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the bows! You just can't beat Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas! My family and a few friends will agree, or call me crazy, based on the hundreds of Santa's I have acquired over the years! If you get a minute check out my fb album Mad about Santa or Santa Madness.
    My granddaughter, Addie who lives in Hawaii, and whose Daddy is an Air Traffic Controller in the Air Force, sure would like one of those bows! Lol
    Your Dad stopped by my office today to sign paperwork! He's the one that got me reading your blog. The first one I read, Dear Santa or Grandma, was after he pulled it up on his iPad and handed it to me! Proud Papa Bear indeed! Keep on keepin' on Annette! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanksgiving! I love reading your blog, and those bows are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4th of July!! Love watching all the fireworks while sipping on a cold one! Happy St Patty's Day I know your party will be "The Bomb"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas! But love love love the bows! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs