A Mish-Mash

Monday, February 23, 2015

This is not a post with a particular topic. My thoughts are kind of all over the place, I have a zillion things on my to-do list, and I just can't seem to focus. First of all, I need to find the owner of this stuffed bear that was left in our yard. 
Oh, wait..
 No, that's just Viv.
You see what I mean about my lack of focus.
This past weekend was awfully busy for us. I baked not one, but two cakes on Friday (recipe to come later this week. Stay tuned!). 
Friday night we went to a party welcoming a friend visiting from out of town. It was a good time, and I ate way too much. I got up early Saturday morning for a much-needed hair appointment, where we lightened things up a little bit and trimmed my hair into a currently-trending lob. Afterward, we joined our squadron for a picnic to say farewell to our command team. It was a beautiful day with surprisingly nice weather, and I was so excited to wear a colorful sundress and wedges. I cannot be more eager for Spring to come soon. Bobby tried to go swimming with his clothes on and then had his first experience in a bouncy house, which was so hilarious to watch.  
 


It was great socializing with friends, and, once again, I ate way too much. 

While Vivi ate a week's worth of fiber in dirt and grass.
 Sunday was a day of rest.
Just kidding. Sunday was a day of laundry. Oh, the laundry. 

We are gearing up for Disney World this week, so it's been crazy trying to do tons of laundry and pack up the entire house. You know when you travel with little kids, you have to bring EVERYTHING. We are leaving tonight and hitting up the first park tomorrow morning. We honestly haven't done a ton of detailed planning regarding this trip. I don't even know what parks we are going to do on which days. I don't know what attractions we want to see. I don't know anything. I just know we are going, and we are going to have a toddler and a baby, and it will likely be a shitshow. But we are going to wing it, and I couldn't be more excited to spend time with my family at the Happiest Place on Earth. I am so glad that my parents are joining us at Disney. It will be great to have another set of hands, and we haven't done a trip together in way too long. I think I'm most excited to see the look on Bobby's face when we get to the Magic Kingdom. It's going to be better than Christmas!

I, along with every other chick in America, watched the Oscars last night and completely fell in love with Neil Patrick Harris. He's the most adorable. And also, I don't know what is going on with Lady Gaga lately, but I am really enjoying her toned-down thing she's doing. Her performance was wonderful last night, and she showcased her talent without her usual distractions. There was some amazing red carpet fashion, too. My personal favorites were Jennifer Lopez, Naomi Watts, Emma Stone, Rosamund Pike, and Behati Prinsloo. 
 But my all-time favorite was Margot Robbie. The robe-inspired dress mixed with the statement necklace mixed with the makeup and the hair gave an awesome throwback vibe to Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface. 

You win at life, Ms. Robbie.
I was also loving the long sleeve gown trend that was on the carpet. I'm a sucker for a long sleeve dress.
Speaking of long sleeve dresses, I have my eye on these:


There are some great Springy finds I'm loving lately--particularly this reversible tote, this studded jewel cuff bracelet, these Mason jar measuring cups, and this adorable dress for Vivi that I can't resist.
I just got this jade mixed medium necklace that I'm obsessed with, and I'm pretty sure I will succumb to this panama hat before Spring is over and done with.

I used very technical method of choosing a winner for the shamrock bow giveaway (Alex chose a random number...I will amend my methods in time for the next give away), but I'm excited to announce a winner--Brittany Blocker, please message me to claim your prize! Yay! Thanks to everyone who commented. I enjoyed reading what everyone's favorite holiday is :)

I do apologize for such a random and haphazard post, but that is the way my poor mind is working today. I am looking forward to an awesome week with the fam at Disney. Hope y'all have a wonderful week!

Keep on keepin' on!
-Annette


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs